1/4 c. shredded coconut
2 Medjool dates
1/2 c. honey
1 tsp vanilla
Blend ingredients in food processor. Roll into small balls, flatten to about 3/4 inch. Hint: Add more honey to mixture if, when you make a ball out of it, it doesn't easily stick
Dehydrate at 105 degrees for 6-8 hours (longer if you want a crunchy outer shell and chewy inside - either way is good).
Instead of vanilla, blend...
- 3 strawberries for Strawberry Coconut Macaroons
(or "Coco Berry Macs" for kids)
- 1/2 orange (juiced) for Orange Coconut Macaroons
(or "O' Coco Macs" for kids)
- 1/4 lemon (juiced) for Lemon Coconut Macaroons
(or "Le Coco Macs" for kids)
- 1/2 Tbl carob powder for Chocolate Coconut Macaroons (or "Choco Coco Macs" for kids)
- 1 Tbl almond butter or 1/4 c. chopped almonds for Almond Coconut Macaroons (or "Nutty Coco Macs" for kids)
- by Michelle Reeves, From SAD to RAW
Click here for a step-by-step pictorial demonstration of how to make this recipe.
Coconut Macaroon on Mesh Dehydrating Sheet