Summer meals should be light and simple. This baby spinach and feta cheese salad is easy to prepare as well as delicious. The following recipe serves 2-4 people.
- 1 Bunch or one bag (1 pound) washed and dried Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 pint Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian Herb seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 hardboiled Eggs, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup your favorite Italian or Balsamic Dressing
- In a large salad or mixing bowl, place the washed and dried spinach leaves and chopped garlic.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and add to the spinach leaves. Add the salt and pepper, Italian Seasonings, and the feta cheese. Toss the salad.
- If desired, slice the hardboiled eggs and place on top of the salad. Add your favorite Italian salad dressing just before serving to prevent the spinach leaves from wilting.
- Serve with slices of Sourdough bread or garlic toast.
This easy meal is great to eat on a backyard patio. Enjoy!