Yule Log is a popular dessert usually served around the Christmas holidays. It is a sponge cake, made to resemble an actual Yule log.
This raw Yule Log recipe is, of course, a little different. But it’s no less delicious! As you’ll see, this dessert can be made in many different ways, so there’s no specific ingredients or quantities listed.
- Raw organic nuts (mult. varieties)
- Dried fruits
- Fresh fruit
- Raw organic almond butter
- Organic carob powder
- Use multiple varieties of raw organic nuts — a handful each of whatever kind you prefer — such as hazelnuts, cashews and almonds. Chop them up carefully. You can also add a good handful of raw organic ground almond (you can find this from the bulk section at most health food stores).
- Add dried fruits. For example: raw organic raisins, golden raisins, dried apricots, 4-6 figs, 4-6 Medjool dates.
- Add some fresh fruit. Blend up two fresh apricots, or a few strawberries, or a banana for instance and add.
- Add a big dollop of raw organic almond butter.
- Mix it all in a big bowl with a sturdy fork. If your dried fruits are too dry to cling together, you may have to moisten the mix with a few drops of fresh squeezed orange juice.
- On a piece of wax paper (kitchen parchment paper) form the mixture in the shape of a log. Sift raw organic carob powder through a tea strainer over the log and sprinkle ground almond over it.
And there it is — your Yule log! (Or raw-vegan xmas fruit cake.) Enjoy!